GENERAL. All orders for goods (the “Goods”) to be supplied by Teucer UK Limited (Teucer LED) or any of its subsidiary companies as the case may be (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) are subject to these conditions of sale and the placing of an order by a buyer (“the Buyer”) will constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The installation guide does not supersede federal, state, local, national or international laws, regulations, rules, ordinances, and codes that may apply for electrical installations.
The client understands that Installations need to be carried out by a qualified electrician in accordance with applicable and appropriate local electrical codes.
Ensure electricity is switched off at the mains before commencing installation or maintenance. LED products must be kept away from direct sources of heat, vibrations, high humidity and water.
Any electrical information regarding Teucer UK Ltd products is only a recommendation and it is the responsibility of the client to check any electrical data with their qualified electrician.
These conditions may not be modified or varied unless the Company agrees in writing and the Company will not be deemed to accept any other conditions not waive any of these conditions by failing to object to provisions contained in any purchase order or other communications from the Buyer. No person has authority on behalf of the Company to vary any conditions except by a written variation signed by a director or the company secretary.
- VALIDITY OF QUOTATIONS. Quotations from the Company are stated to be open for such time as may be specified in each such quotation and provided it is not withdrawn by the Company in such period it remains capable of acceptance. No binding contract will be created by the acceptance by the Buyer of the Company’s quotation until notice of such acceptance has been given in a purchase order and has either been signed by the Company’s duly authorised representative or the Company has indicated to the Buyer in writing its acceptance of such order.
- If the Buyer places an order with the Company without requesting a quotation from the Company or before such quotation has been provided, all deliveries carried out in satisfaction of such order will be subject to these conditions.
- NEW ACCOUNTS. Buyers wishing to open a credit account are requested to complete and sign an Application for Credit Account form (“Application Form”) and standard Sales Agreement (“Sales Agreement”) which will be sent in due course. Until Sales Agreement has been mutually signed, orders will not be accepted until cleared funds have been received. Credits accounts are subject to a minimum spend of £100.00 per order for fee delivery.
- SETTLEMENT TERMS. Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing, accounts are payable in full prior to delivery of the Goods taking place. If the Buyer has exceeded any agreed credit terms, the Company may demand immediate payment of all amounts outstanding from the Buyer to the Company on any account. The Company reserves the right to withdraw credit at any time and demand immediate payment of all monies outstanding.
- The Company, at its discretion, shall be entitled to exercise its statutory right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002, as modified or re-enacted from time to time. The Company may exercise this right, in addition to any other rights it may have in respect of Goods or non-payment.
- Where the contract is to be or may be fulfilled in separate installments, deliveries or parts, payment for each such installment delivery or part will be made as if the same constituted a separate contract. Failure by the Buyer to pay for an installment in accordance with this clause will entitle the Company without prejudice to its other rights and remedies to suspend further deliveries of Goods under any other contract to the Buyer, pending payment by the Buyer.
- The Buyer will indemnify the Company against all cost, losses and liability including but not limited to all legal expenses and disbursements incurred by the Company in recovering any amount which is overdue from the Buyer to the Company pursuant of the Agreement or otherwise.
- PRICES. Unless otherwise agreed in writing all orders are executed subject to prices and any relevant discounts ruling at the date of receipt of the order and any price list of the Company whether published or not will not affect the right of the Company to charge for Goods in accordance with this clause. All prices are subject to the addition of Value Added Tax at the appropriate rate.
- In the event of termination, variation or suspension of a contract on the Buyer’s instruction or by lack of instruction, the contract price will be adjusted to reflect the additional costs incurred by the Company. Where a price per unit has been quoted and the Buyers requires a smaller number of units to be delivered than those quoted for, the Company reserves the right to adjust the rates of prices applicable thereto.
- CREDIT. Any contract will be subject to the Company being satisfied as to the Buyer’s credit worthiness and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the Company may in its absolute discretion, having informed the Buyer that the Goods are ready for delivery, refrain from delivering the Goods until such time as the Buyer tenders the purchase money to the Company in a form satisfactory to the Company.
- ORDERS. The Buyer may place orders by post, fax, and e-mail or by telephone.
- Where orders are sent by post, fax or e-mail in confirmation of telephone instructions the Buyer will ensure they are clearly marked as such, failing which any additional expense incurred by the Company as a result of duplication of orders will be charged to the Buyer.
- DELIVERY. Delivery dates (if any) given by the Company are given in good faith to indicate estimated delivery times but will not amount to any contractual obligation to deliver at the times stated. The Company will not be liable for any loss including (but not limited to) loss of profit, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the Goods (even if caused by the Company’s negligence) nor unless any delay exceeds 90 days will such delay entitle the Buyer to terminate or rescind the contract.
- Failure by the Company to deliver any one or more (but not all) instalments in accordance with this contact will not entitle the Buyer to treat this contract as repudiated.
- If the Buyer fails to take delivery of any of the Goods when they are ready for delivery, or fails to provide any instructions or authorisations required to enable Goods to be delivered on time the Goods will be deemed to have been delivered and (without prejudice to its other rights) the Company may:-
16.1 – store the Goods until actual delivery or sale and charge the Buyer for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance); and/or
16.2 – following written notice to the Buyer, sell any of the Goods at the best price reasonably obtainable in the circumstances and charge the Buyer for any shortfall below the price agreed with the Buyer.
- PASSING OF TITLE/RISK. Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods will pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
- Ownership of the Goods will not pass to the Buyer until the Company has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of the Goods and all other sums which are or which become due to the Company from the Buyer on any account.
- Until ownership of the Goods has passed to the Buyer, the Buyer must:
19.1 hold the Goods on a fiduciary basis as the Company’s bailee;
19.2 store the Goods (at its own cost) separately from all other goods of the Buyer or any third party so that they are identifiable as the Company’s property;
19.3 not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods;
19.4 maintain the Goods in satisfactory condition insured on the Company’s behalf for their full price against all risks to the reasonable satisfaction of the Company. On request the Buyer will produce evidence of the policy of insurance to the Company; and
19.5 hold any proceeds of such insurance on trust for the Company separately from any other money, and not pay the proceeds into an overdrawn bank account.
- The Buyer may resell the Goods before ownership has passed to it provided such sale is:
20.1 in the ordinary course of the Buyer’s business at full market value and the Buyer will account to the Company accordingly; and
20.2 on the Buyer’s own behalf and the Buyer deals as principal when making such sale.
- If the Company cannot determine which goods are the Goods, the Buyer will be deemed to have sold all goods sold by the Company to the Buyer in the order which they were invoiced to the Buyer.
- The Company will be entitled to recover payment for the Goods notwithstanding that ownership of any Goods has not passed from the Company.
- The Buyer grants the Company, its agents and employees an irrevocable license at any time to enter any premises where the Goods are or may be stored in order to inspect them, or, where the Buyer’s right to possession has terminated, to recover them.
- DELIVERY/CARRIAGE all deliveries are chargeable and price is available upon application. All orders for Next Day service must be placed by 3pm on date of order to qualify for Next Day delivery and will be delivered the next working day thereon or the following day after if 3pm deadline has passed. Saturdays and Sundays are not applicable to any delivery service we offer.
- DAMAGE IN TRANSIT AND SHORTAGES. The Company will repair or replace free of charge, Goods damaged in transit provided that the Company and its designated carriers receive written notification of such damage within three days of delivery. Goods received in a damaged or unsatisfactory condition must be signed for as such.
- On receipt Goods should be checked by the Buyer with the advice note enclosed with the Goods. Shortage claims will be considered if the Company and its designated carriers receive written notification of any such shortage within 3 days of delivery failing which no liability will be admitted. In any such case, the packaging and contents should be retained for inspection.
- RETURNS. Goods correctly supplied may be returned (at the buyers expense) without the Company’s written agreement. Goods so returned must be consigned carriage paid and accompanied by a packing note stating the recipients invoice/order number and date thereof together with the reason for return. Goods supplied in error returned for exchange will be shipped back to the buyer at the Company’s expense. Goods returned due to miss-pick, damage or failure should be sent Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery as we will not reimburse any other method of shipment.
- The company is not liable for any installation costs carried by electricians which are not related to any fault in our products and/or resulting from product non- compatibility issues.
- If the Goods (or any of them) are returned and are subsequently lost in transit the Company will only issue credit if it can be conclusively proved that the Company or its agents have actually removed the Goods from the Buyer’s premises.
- GUARANTEE. The Company can at its entire discretion either replace or repair any of the Goods which within the guarantee period are shown to its satisfaction to be defective through faulty material or workmanship alone, provided that no attempt has been made by the Customer or a third party to rectify, dismantle or alter the Goods in any way and the faulty unit is returned to the Company.
30.1 The Guarantee period for any Goods is as specified in the Company’s catalogue current at the time of acceptance of the Customer’s order and commences on delivery of the Goods.
30.2 Subject as expressly provided in these Conditions and except where the Goods are sold to a person dealing as a consumer (within the meaning of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977) all terms, conditions, warranties or representations whether express or implied by statute or common law, as to description, condition, quality or fitness for purpose of any of the Goods are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30.3 So far as permitted by statute, the Company shall not be liable for loss or damage whether direct or consequential and whether suffered by or occasioned to the Customer, its employees or agents, or to any third party. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company does not accept responsibility for any installation costs associated with replacement of a faulty unit.
30.4 The installation of the Goods should only be carried out by a competent person in accordance with the instructions supplied with the Goods and relevant UK or European standards e.g. the latest edition of the I.E.E Wiring Regulations (BS7671). The Company will not be held responsible for failure of any Goods due to installation in an improper environment, installation not in accordance with relevant regulations, improper working practice, misuse, negligent storage or accidental damage. All of the Goods incorporating electronic components are protected against damage which may result from transient voltages on the mains supply. The level of protection incorporated is generally in excess of the minimum level specified in the current international standards. It is the installer’s responsibility to ensure that electronic equipment is not subjected to transients above the international immunity standards. The Company does not take responsibility for damage to any Goods caused by excessive mains transients.
- ALL DESCRIPTIVE MATTER, SPECIFICATIONS AND ILLUSTRATIONS on our company websites, any company printed material, packaging and products including but not limited to lumens and CRI are approximately but not limited to a 5-10 % variation (in extreme circumstances it can get to approximately 25%). Drawings and particulars of weights and dimensions issued by the Company are approximate only and intended only to present a general idea of the goods to which they refer and will not form part of the contract. All particulars are provided by the manufacturer.
- The Company’s policy is one of continuous improvement and it reserves the right to make reasonable changes to product specifications at its discretion without prior notice. When placing an order with the Company, the Buyer must satisfy himself that the Company’s then current specification of all the Goods is appropriate for its (or its customer’s) requirements.
33.LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits the liability of the Company for death or personal injury caused by the Company’s negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation, or the conditions as to title implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended from time to time.
- Any quotation includes only such Goods accessories and work in the quantities and to the specifications, which are stated therein.
- The Company’s total liability in contract tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) misrepresentation or otherwise, arising in connection with the performance of this contract will be limited to the price agreed for the Goods.
- The Company will not be liable to the Buyer by reason of any representation or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at law or under the express terms of contract for any indirect or consequential loss or damage (whether for loss of profit, loss of business, depletion of goodwill or otherwise), costs, expenses or other claims for consequential compensation (whether caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees, agents or subcontractors) which arise out of or in connection with this contract.
- VALUE ADDED TAX Where chargeable Value Added Tax will be charged at the rate applicable at the date the Goods are dispatched.
- LEGAL CONSTRUCTION. Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing, these conditions will in all respects be constructed and operate as an English contract, inconformity with English Law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Any provision of this contract which is held by any competent authority to be invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable ( in whole or part) will to the extent of such invalidity, voidance, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the other provisions of this contact and the remainder of such provisions will not be affected.
- Failure by the Company to enforce or partially enforce any provision of this contract will not be construed as a waiver of any rights under this contract.
- SAMPLES. Any samples submitted to the Buyer at the Buyer’s request must be returned to the Company in good condition within ninety days of receipt or such shorter period as the Company may specify. The Company may charge the market value of all samples not so returned. Such market value will be the market value on the date when the sample was due to be returned.
- CANCELLATION OF AN ORDER. The Company reserves the right to refuse to accept any cancellation of an order unless notification in writing is given to the Company and accepted in writing by the Company. In the event of any cancellation the Buyer must pay expenses incurred by the Company.
- CERTIFICATION. A buyer requiring Goods from a quality assured source or certificates of conformity must specify its requirements in writing at the time of placing the order.
- FORCE MAJEURE. The Company will not be liable to the Buyer in any matter or be deemed to be in breach of this contract because of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of the Company’s obligations under this contract if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond the Company’s reasonable control.
- Without prejudice to the generality of condition 44 the following will be included as causes beyond the Company’s reasonable control:
45.1 Governmental actions, war, threat of war, national emergency, riot, civil disturbance, sabotage or requisition;
45.2 Act of God, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic or accident;
45.3 Import or export regulations or embargoes;
45.4 Labour disputes not including disputes involving the Company’s work-force; or
45.5 Inability to obtain or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable material, fuel, parts, machinery or labour.
- WEEE DIRECTIVE. Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment Regulations requires that any product showing the crossed out wheelie bin symbol, must not be disposed of with other household or commercial waste to prevent possible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal.
Teucer UK Ltd. does not charge it’s customers a “WEEE Levy” at the time of purchase. We encourage customers to separate any WEEE related products from other waste types and recycle it responsibly through their nearest Designated Collection Facility or via their chosen waste contractor. However, they may also request Teucer UK Ltd to arrange the collection of its unwanted WEEE products. Teucer UK Ltd will then arrange with their Compliance Scheme to take back the waste. However, as we have not charged any WEEE Levy at the time of purchase, we reserve the right, at that time, to make a charge for this collection.